The Penang International Science Fair (PISF) 2015 was held on 14 – 15 November 2015 (Saturday & Sunday), 10.00 am – 7.00 pm at SPICE (PISA), Penang. Penang International Science Fair (PISF) is an event organized as part of the Penang Science Cluster’s (PSC) mission of “Inspiring Innovation”, which focuses on developing young minds and exposing them to science and engineering through a unique, stimulating and innovative experience.
ObjectivesPISF is a signature event with 2 objectives:
- Showcase the activities that Pillar Leaders of the PSC have been conducting whole year round with our school students in Penang, and offer opportunities for others to participate in the hands-on science activities.
- Showcase the high-tech products and expertise available in the industries in Penang and the science and technology behind the products.
ElementsThis year in Penang International Science Fair 2015, there were several elements happening such as:
- Activities / Workshops
Participation of KLESFKLESF has conducted several workshops which are suitable for beginners from 7 to 12 years old such as:
- Kitchen chemistry Participants will explore the mixing of oil and water
- Natural pH indicator Participants will explore the application of natural pigment from plant as a pH indicator
- Color properties Participants will explore the application of chromatography to understand the separation of color pigments.
- Bubble chemistry Participants will explore the synthesis of bubble solution.