Creative drama is the use of drama to support learning by allowing the students to role play. In creative science drama, students are required to integrate scientific content and drama. Creative science drama is without-scripts; topic or context is given to the students, students have to write their scripts, decide the cast, act, and improvise their act (e.g., body language, scripts). The integration of creative drama into STEM education is a shift towards STEAM.
- To promote the learning of science through creative drama and STEAM education.
- To encourage students’ creativity and innovation in delivering STEAM content.
Event participation fees: Free of charge (FOC) for participants
The competition will be held based on the following:
- A: Primary school (12 years old or below)
- B: Secondary school (13 – 18 years old)
- C: Tertiary category (e.g. matriculation, A-level, Form 6, pre-university (Foundation), college, university level or other equivalent)
- D: Open category (e.g. family members, there is no age limit for the participants, but at least there must be a member study in primary/secondary school)
|| Drama that can address the following sustainable development goals
- Good Health and Well-being (SDG 3)
- Sustainable Cities and Communities (SDG 11)
- Scientific accuracy (20%)
- Creativity and originality (20%)
- Presentation and performance (20%)
- Integration of science and drama (20%)
- Overall impact and entertainment (20%)
|Participation & Rules:
- The performance should integrate scientific content and drama.
- This competition is open to teams from Malaysian schools, families and teams from overseas schools and learning institutions.
- No fees are charged for participation.
- Team size: maximum 10 persons per team, including backstage crew (teachers/adults/parents can assist as backstage crew. Backstage crew assists to place props, backstage crew is not allowed to perform skit as cast members).
- No limit to the number of teams from each school or institution.
- Participation form is to be submitted by each team.
- A team is allowed to participate in more than one category; however, the same storyline cannot be repeated.
- The entries for all categories should be submitted via video submission. Shortlisted teams for all categories will be judged based on their live performance at the KLESF 2023.
- All contents in the video are certified original and belong to the participants.
- Verify that all team participants who are under 18 years old have permission from parents or legal guardians to take part in the competition.
- Videos should run to maximum 10 minutes in duration.
- All entries must be completed in English.
- Entries must be suitable for display to a general audience with respect to language, visual content, presentation, themes discussed, and related issues.
- The sources for music, media, storyline, and any location shown in the performance must be properly credited and acknowledged.
- Videos should have no editing in between (must be in one take).
- Participants are encouraged to include English subtitles to their creative science drama.
- While the copyright for the video and its content is retained by the participant(s), entering the competition automatically provides KLESF the right to display the video online and/or in any public or private settings without restrictions.
- Shortlisted team must respond to organiser within 5 working days from receiving notification for identity verification and other procedures. After this period, the organiser will disqualify non-responding team.
||The prizes for each category are as follows:
Champion : RM 500, certificate
1st Runner-up : RM 350, certificate
2nd Runner-up : RM 200, certificate
All participants of the qualifying entries will be awarded an e-Certificate of Participation.
||Call for video submission : 24 August – 23 September 2023
Due date for video submission : 23 September 2023 (Saturday, 11.59pm)
Shortlisted team will be informed by : 1 October 2023
The live performances will be judged during KLESF 2023 (**29 October 2023) and results for this competition will be announced on the same day.
**The date to be confirmed
||KLESF 2023 prize giving ceremony
||All submitted video entries must be in MP4 format and to be received by 23 September 2023 (Saturday), 11.59pm via Google Form.
Submission link: https://forms.gle/jz2RJHVAaHPCjFYdA
|For further information, please contact
||KLESF Secretariat – Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman
Dr Ong Kiah Ju (email@example.com)