KLESF International Challenge 2020
In the light of the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic around the world, the physical event of KLESF: The Fair 2020 is postponed to 2021. The KLESF Organising Committee would like to propose to organize e-KLESF 2020 which will be implemented via online platforms to enhance school students’ interest in STEM.
KLESF International Challenge 2020
Schools from Malaysia and overseas with STEM projects are encouraged to participate in the KLESF International Challenge 2020 by demonstrating their projects to the public.
The competition will be held based on the following:
||· Primary school (12 years old or below)
· Secondary school (13 – 18 years old)
|| Project that can address the following sustainable development goals
· Good Health and Well-being (SDG 3)
· Sustainable Cities and Communities (SDG 11)
|· Originality & innovativeness (25%)
· Project execution (25%)
· Quality & impact (25%)
· Project Presentation & Communication (25%)
|Participation & rules
||· No fees are charged for participation.
· Team size: maximum 3 students per team. (only a maximum of 3 persons is presenting in the video)
· No limit to the number of teams from each school.
· Participation form is to be submitted by each team.
· This competition takes the form of video submission.
- All contents in the video is certified original and belong to the participants.
- Obtain permission to use any location that is shown in the video.
- Verify that all team participants who are under 18 years old have permission from parents or legal guardians to take part in the competition.
- Maintain safe practices.
- Be respectful of any featured location(s), other people using the site, and wildlife there.
- To submit an eligible entry for the competition, the participant must provide 3 items as follows:
- 1. Complete project information.
- 2. Signed Official Video Release Form. The Official Photo/Video Release Form can be found at https://www.klesf.net
- 3. Video.
Note: The submission is considered incomplete until the organiser receive the 3 items above.
- Videos should run from minimum 30 seconds to maximum 5 minutes in duration.
- Entries must be suitable for display to a general audience with respect to language, visual content, presentation, themes discussed, and related issues.
- All entries must be completed in English.
- While the copyright for the video and its content is retained by the participant(s), entering the competition automatically provides KLESF the right to display the video online and/or in any public or private settings without restriction.
Terms and Conditions:
- The organiser reserves the right to verify the qualification and prize eligibility of each participant.
- The organiser reserves the right to disqualify participants, withdraw prizes or select new winners in the event:
- The participant or winner becomes non-eligible for any reason;
- The video submitted by the participant or winner becomes non-eligible for any reason;
- Winners must respond to organiser within 5 working days from receiving notification for identity verification and prize collection processing. After this period, the organiser will disqualify non-responding winners.
|For each category, the following prizes will be available for award based on recommendation of the panel of judges.
- · Gold medal (RM 500, certificate)
- · Silver medal (RM 200, certificate)
- · Bronze medal (RM 100, certificate)
- · Merit (Certificate)
- · Most “liked” and “shared” video (KLESF limited edition merchandise, Certificate)
|Deadline for submission
15 November 2020 (Sunday) , 11.59pm
First extension: 30 November 2020 (Sunday) , 11.59pm
- Second extension: 5 December 2020 (Saturday) , 11.59pm
||20 December 2020 (e-KLESF 2020 prize giving ceremony)
|KLESF Secretariat – Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman
- Pn. Azura Abdullah (email@example.com)
- Pn Marianne Masli (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ms Lee Woan Shiang (email@example.com)
- Tel: +603-90860288 Extension: 847 / 119 / 118
- WhatsApp: +6011-1888 9397
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- (Monday – Friday: 9.00am – 5.00pm except public holiday)