UTAR FEGT STEAM Eco-Innovation Virtual Competition 2021
The UTAR Faculty of Engineering and Green Technology is organising the UTAR FEGT Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics (STEAM) Eco-Innovation Virtual Competition 2021 for primary and secondary school students.
It is a Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics virtual competition with the aim to design and develop eco-innovation which aligns with the competition theme “Sustainable Green Technology”. This virtual Eco-Innovation competition is open to all primary and secondary school students in Malaysia.
The objectives of this competition are:
1. To promote science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics (STEAM) education among students, teachers and community.
2. To create awareness on the importance of STEAM education among students, teachers and community.
3. To cultivate strong interest in STEAM among students.
4. To provide a platform for school students to share/disseminate their innovative ideas and significant findings.
- Primary school : 7 – 12 years old
- Secondary school : 13 – 17 years old
Open to all Primary and Secondary school students in Malaysia.
Participation: No fees are charged for participation.
Registration Rules and Regulations:
- Open to Primary and Secondary school students in Malaysia.
- Each team can consist of a maximum of FOUR (4) participants with ONE (1) teacher as an advisor.
- One eligible student can only register under ONE team.
- Each school can send MULTIPLE entries.
- Registration is FREE of charge.
- All information provided in the registration form must be correct.
Competition Rules and Regulations:
- Each ENTRY must be submitted with a poster, and video presentation. The length of the video presentation is not more than 10 minutes. You are required to upload the video in YOUTUBE and hashtag #UTAR and #FEGTKAMPARCAMPUS and submit the link in this google form. Make sure you set your video as public.
- NO SPECIFIC format is needed for the poster and video presentation. It is solely based on the participant’s creativity. The poster and video should include important information such as project background, problem statement, objectives, methodology, and outcome.
- The innovation must be an original idea of the team.
- The innovation must in line with the competition theme that is “Sustainable Green Technology”. This is not limited to the following sub-categories:
a) Technology in Robotics
b) Technology in Manufacturing
c) Technology in Environmental
d) Technology in Petrochemical
e) Technology in Construction
- Each team is required to present their innovation as a Prototype. Concept paper or idea without any prototype is NOT allowed.
- The judges will be from both academia and industry.
- The judging is based on judging rubric.
- The winners will be selected after discussion by the judges based on the judging rubric.
- All decisions by the panel of judges are FINAL.
- All entries will be ranked and awarded according to the Gold, Silver and Bronze category and awarded with an e-certificate.
- Additional awards for each category will be selected from the Gold Award innovation recipients.
The judging criteria include:
- The ability of the innovation to address the competition theme.
- The significant of the science, technology and engineering criteria.
- The problem statement relevancy.
- The sustainability of the innovation and its functions.
- Eco friendly design and material used.
- Presentation of the group, including the element of Arts.
- Creativities in both the video and poster presentation.
Problem Statement – 20%
Functionality – 20%
Creativity – 20%
Presentation – 20%
Eco-Friendly material – 10%
Most Likes (YouTube) – 10%
|Registration:||1 November 2021 – 31 December 2021|
|Submission Due Date:||15 January 2022 (Saturday)|
|Announcement of results:||29 January 2022|
Prize money worth total RM 1,100.
|Primary school category|
|Champion||RM 200 + E-certificate|
|1st Runner-up||RM 150 + E-certificate|
|2nd Runner-up||RM 100 + E-certificate|
|Secondary school category|
|Champion||RM 300 + E-certificate|
|1st Runner-up||RM 200 + E-certificate|
|2nd Runner-up||RM 150 + E-certificate|
IEM Special Award
One special award sponsored by The Institution of Engineers Malaysia Perak Branch for Most Creative Innovation: Cash prize of RM 300
Congratulations to the winners!
IEM Most Creative Innovation
For enquiries, please contact:
Ir Ts Dr Leong Kah Hon, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ts Tan Zi Yi, email: email@example.com