The components of the KLESF: The Fair 2016 are as follows:
- STEM Hands-on Experiments Various science demos and experiments in chemistry, biology, physic, mathematic, IT etc would be conducted.
- Young Innovate 2016, KLESF Challenge 2016, Schools & KMD STEM Exhibition Schools which attended the KLESF Mentor Development (KMD) programmes and who subsequently initiated science projects in schools, ACCCIM Innovation contest winners/participants, STEM award winning schools, Young Innovate contest winners/participants and others would be invited to participate under this component.
- Hands-on WorkshopsSession-based workshops would be conducted under this component and registration would be required.
- Industry STEM ExhibitionThis component would focus on how STEM plays its role in various businesses and industries. Exhibits and activities should be scaled down to educate school children and the public on how STEM played its role in their output (products).
- NGO , Government, Universities & MyMakers STEM ExhibitionUniversities, research institutions, government agencies, makers as well as special interest groups such as Origami and others would take part in this component.
- Science of MagicPeople use science to make many things possible including magic. The magicians would perform magic and illustrate how scientific principles are applied to enable many magic tricks.
- Mathematics & Mental LiteracyThe speakers would share on the importance of logic thinking and connecting Maths with imagination. The audience will have the opportunity to learn mental calculation in a fun and innovative way, including the genius way of calculation and recognizing the number patterns in our daily calculations.
- International Participation (Extended)Participation from ASEAN schools in KLESF Challenge contest in-conjunction with the KLESF: The Fair 2016 would be a good platform to introduce KLESF internationally.
- Science CommunicationScience communication generally refers to public communication presenting science-related topics to non-experts. This often involves professional scientists (called “outreach” or “popularization”), but has also evolved into a professional field in its own right. Some of the activities are British Council School Lab, Fame Lab which will be participated by many young scientists and engineers.
- Household ScienceHome Science means the art of managing your resources efficiently and the science of achieving a healthy and happy home as well as a successful career. Science is not something that necessarily requires to be done in the closed quarters of a lab. There are many fun experiments can demonstrate cool scientific laws using common objects around the house.