The Kuala Lumpur Engineering Science Fair (KLESF) is an initiative with various programmes and activities that aims to promote interest in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) among primary and secondary school students.
The KLESF partners comprise of:
- The ASEAN Academy of Engineering and Technology (AAET)
- The Institution of Engineers Malaysia (IEM)
- Malaysian Industry-Government Group for High Technology (MIGHT)
Malaysian Invention and Design Society (MINDS)
- Tunku Abdul Rahman University of Management and Technology (TAR UMT)
- Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR)
The objectives of KLESF are:
- To enhance school students’ interest in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).
- To enhance the awareness of the public on the roles and importance of STEM in socio-economic wellbeing and sustainable development.
- To enhance the awareness and participation of business and industry in promoting learning and career development in areas related to STEM among school students and community.
- To provide networking for schools, educators, industries, public and private sector to share information and experiences on projects, extra-curriculum and good practices in science and mathematics education in schools.
Furthermore, the KLESF is supported by the Associated Chinese Chambers of Commerce and Industry Malaysia (ACCCIM), Academy of Sciences Malaysia (ASM) and Ministry of Education (MOE) Malaysia.