3-Minute Video (3MV) Competition on “Innovative Young Educator”
The 3-Minute Video (3MV) Competition on “Innovative Learning” (hereafter 3MV) is a short video competition jointly organised by Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR) Centre for Learning and Teaching (CLT), Centre for Curriculum Development and Innovative (CCDI) and Centre for Corporate and Community Development (CCCD).
a. To showcase the student talent from various learning institutions in delivering STEM subjects virtually beyond their physical classrooms.
b. To unleash students’ innovative potential via their novel 3-min video presentation.
c. To showcase online teaching and learning (OTL) practices from students’ perspectives.
d. To promote the Centre for Learning and Teaching (CLT) among the community of practice as the hub of educational technology.
- This competition is open to all students age ranged 16 to 17 years old (Category A) and 18 to 19 years old (Category B) across schools, and learning institutions in Malaysia.
- Participation could be sole, in pair or a team of maximum 3 members.
- Participating student(s) must submit a 3-min video to showcase their innovative to prepare and delivery STEM topic using online learning platform.
|Call for video submission:||16 November – 4 December 2020|
|Due date for video submission:||4 December 2020 (Friday, 5.30pm)
Extended to 14 December 2020
|Judging period:||5 – 16 December 2020|
|Notification of results:||17 December 2020 (Thursday, 5.30pm)|
|e-Award ceremony:||20 December 2020 (Sunday)|
All submitted 3-min video entries must be in MP4 format and to be received by 4 December 2020 @ 5.30 pm via Google Form and Submission Link: https://forms.gle/CQQ7XMsaGBnYSEzL6
Rules and Regulations:
1. The length of the 3-min video is between 2.5 and 3 minutes; or between 150 and 180 seconds.
2. Your entry shall contain a brief introduction, innovative STEM content, and wrap-up remark to showcase the following elements:
i. What: the University course code and course name
ii. Which: One or more course learning outcomes (CLOs) that has been achieved
iii. Who: Introduce the yourself/ team members involved in this video production
iv. How: Demonstrate the way you delivery a specific topic / content / theory / practical knowledge or skill (Was it easy, fun, interesting, difficult?)
v. Why: The reasons for your innovation / strategy / method / approach in delivery the STEM topic
vi. Wrap-up remark: Advice for others
vii. Other content that is relevant and important (if any)
3. All participants must be the original creator of the entry documenting your video. Each entry or submission must be a novel unpublished new video produced solely for this competition, not re-edited, plagiared, borrowed, copied, or counterfeited video works used for other purposes.
4. Entries involving intellectual property rights disputes shall be the responsibility of the entrants themselves and have nothing to do with the organiser. Entries with infringement of copyright or other rights shall be disqualified.
5. Entries using copyrighted or published text, interviews, video record or third party works (such as props, music, photos, etc.), shall be authorised by the third-party with signed Consent for Authorised Use of Copyright and agree to the organisers and sublicense the use of the third person during the contest for the licensed content reproduce, edit, convert, distribute, publicly broadcast, public transport, public exhibition and other promotional activities of non-profit purpose use.
6. By participating, all participants, finalists and winners are deemed to have agreed to grant the organiser and the Univiersity the right to broadcast their works.
7. Once the video entry is shortlisted, it shall not be withdrawn for any reason. The finalists and winners shall be informed to attend the awards ceremony.
8. The organiser and the co-organisers have the rights to defend all judges’ collective decisions, and to use all entries received for the competition for promotional activities.
3MV Prize-Giving Ceremony on 20 December 2020:
|The Champion:||RM500 and e-Certificate of Award|
|1st Runner-up:||RM200 and e-Certificate of Award|
|2nd Runner-up:||RM100 and e-Certificate of Award|
Zoom meeting details for e-Award ceremony on 20 December 2020 will be sent to participants by email.
All student participants of the qualifying entries will be awarded an e-Certificate of Participation.